Day Trading Stocks
TraderScreener offers free day trading and swing trading stock screener that scans the stock market for major bullish and bearish stocks.
We use a combination of technical indicators, stock market news, stock break out, fundamental analysis, earnings data and other factors to
generate stock ideas for day trading and swing trading. We incorporate all stocks that are currently trading on NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX into our system, so you
will find stock ideas from every industry across all sectors. TraderScreener also offers an end of date technical stock screener for swing traders and day traders.
You will save a lot of time from searching for stocks manually. With a simple button click, you can get a list of bullish or bearish stocks base on technical
indicators that you define. If you want to learn more about stock trading, chart patterns and technical analysis,
please visit the stock trading blog
How to Day Trade
Day trading is when you buy and sell stocks during intraday. The time frame that you hold your stock can be as short as 1 minute. Day traders close out their positions before the market close each day.
What's the requirement for day trading?
You should open a margin account to start day trading. A margin account is a brokerage account that allows the broker to lend you cash to purchase stocks meaning you can try with more money than you have in your account.
Is day trading right for you?
If you are a beginner, then day trading is not right for you as it can be really risky. One reason is that now you are buying more shares than you can afford by using margin account. Using margin account to trade doubles your gains and losses.
How To Day Trade Online
1. Trend Trading - When you day trade, you no longer buy low and sell high. You usually buy high and sell higher. This is is the concept that day traders uses to predict the trend. They believe that a stock that is rising will continue to go up and a stock that is falling will continue to go down. You can get a list of day trading stocks at this website.
2. Learn to short stocks- Do you notice that stocks go down in a faster rate than for it to go back up? The reason is people are more panic when stocks go down than when they go up. It takes much longer for people to finally decide to buy a stock when the stock is rallying, they always wanted to wait for the stock to pull back and buy at a cheaper price. On the other hand, if the stock is down 5% and the general stock market is falling, people just want to get out the market and sell as quickly as they can. For this reason, shorting stocks is profitable for day trading.
3. Discipline - Day traders require a much stricter discipline than swing traders or longer term investors. You must follow your trading rules and never break it.
4. Stop Loss - Day traders have a much smaller stop loss than swing traders or longer term investors. You should test it out yourself, but should limit your stop loss to less than 1%.
5. Risk versus Reward - Every time you enter a trade, you must analyze the risk and reward. The risk-reward ratio must be at least 1:3 for you to enter the trade.
6. Analyze Chart - You must be good at reading stock charts and have a good understanding of technical analysis. You will be analyzing stock charts to make entry and exit decisions.
7. Stay Alert - You must stay alert and listen to stock market news from CNBC or bloomberg. In addition, you must know what kind of news that will affect the stock market before the market opens for the day. For example, jobless claims are reported every Thursday at 8:30am and have huge impact on the stock market. You must have a plan before you trade on that day.
How To Day Trade
Day Trading Software / Swing Trading Software
MarketClub is one of the best trading software that comes with a bunch of features that will help you swing trade and day trade better.
MarketClub uses a sophisticated triangle technology to analyze a stock. Each stock is giving a score from +100 (bull) to -100 (bear) so that you know whether or not you should buy or sell a stock. Let's take a look at the stock LEN. The stock is rated with a score of +100 which is very bullish. Here is the analysis
"Smart Scan Chart Analysis confirms that a strong uptrend is in place and that the market remains positive longer term. Strong Uptrend with money management stops. A triangle indicates the presence of a very strong trend that is being driven by strong forces and insiders. Based on a pre-defined weighted trend formula for chart analysis, LEN scored +100 on a scale from -100 (strong downtrend) to +100 (strong uptrend)."
If you want to get a second opinion whenever you buy or sell a stock, try their stock analysis service and check what the scores are for your stocks.
MarketClub scans the whole stock market and get a list of stocks with a score of +100. These are the stocks that are very bullish and usually are trending stocks. You can use the list for short term trading as well as long term investing. The stock list is updated simultaneously during intraday, so you can get the updated list and day or swing trade these stocks if you like. You can also find stocks to short with MarketClub as the -100 stocks are also listed.
Stock Charting Platform
If you are looking for a premier stock charting platform, then you should definitely check out MarketClub. Here are some of the features that the platform offers.
1. Full size windows screen so that you can view the chart clearly.
2. You can easily draw Trend Lines and Fibonacci Retracement on the chart.
3. You can draw quarterly, monthly, weekly and intraday chart with this platform. You can also select custom dates to draw the chart
4. Comprehensive build in technical indicators and oscillators that you can use.
5. Trade Triangles on the chart - each triangle indicates selling and buying signals generated by the MarketClub software. You can draw daily, weekly or monthly trade triangles on the chart base on what type of traders you are.
6. Bar Chart / Candlestick Chart / Graph Chart - You can draw different types of chart for your preferences, bar chart, candlestick and graph chart are available.
7. Zoom In / Zoom Out - You can zoom in or zoom out on the chart so that you can view the chart as big as you like or as small as you like.
Click here to visit MarketClub and learn more about this trading software.
Bull Stocks 5/25/2013
Bear Stocks 5/25/2013